Something about the 80's.

By 3:15 AM , , , , , ,

So there's a new show on The CW called The Carrie Diaries. Its apparently the prequel series to Sex and The City that's set in the 80's. Its super cute and the music is just so fabulous. And now because I have watched two episodes of this new show I now have a sudden urge to watch movies and listen to music from the 80's. Completely normal right? or am I just weird? Meh who cares what you think anyways.

So I recently just made a playlist on Spotify with some 80's jams. The ones I can remember listening to as a kid in the car. And its funny because I hated my parents music. I can remember being 7 years old and complaining about the music that was being played in the car, and if we could listen to something different. I was an idiot because hello the music my parents listened to was Efing fantastic. Madonna, Bon Jovi, Kenny Loggins and Cyndi Lauper. I was seriously an idiot at 7 years old. Haha.

Some of my favorites are as follows:

Let's Hear it for the boy - Deniece Williams
Forever Young - Tiffany
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
Girls Just wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Material Girl - Madonna
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Waiting for a Girl like you - Foreigner
I think we're alone now - Tiffany

Listening to these songs from the 80's reminds me so much of my childhood and innocence. I still cant believe I hated Madonna or Bon Jovi. Blows my mind that I was so dumb as a child and why would I dislike a singer with my own name? Dumb child I was. Haha.

You Might Also Like

0 comments