Tips I learned from my mom and my grandma.

By 2:03 AM , , , , ,


The other day I was cleaning out a candle jar and it occurred to me that there might be some people who dont know how to clean out the wax from candle jars or candle holders. What? Shocking I know right? I learned this neat trick from my mom as well as a few other neat tricks from my grandma. So I thought I'd share them with you all.

  • To Clean out candle jars/holders: Put the candle jar/holder in the freezer for an hour or two. (or if you're a tad forgetful like me, leave it in there all day.) After its been in the freezer for an hour or so pull it out and take a butter knife and scrape the wax away from the jar/holder. It might take a few minutes to get all the wax out. After you get the wax out, put a few drops of dawn soap into the jar and use warm water and a sponge to scrub the jar/holder clean. All the wax residue and the black soot will be gone and your candle jar/holder will be crystal clean. And whats even cooler is that now you can reuse your jar for something else instead of just throwing it away. The jars make super cute storage for essentials in the bathroom like hair ties, cotton balls, and cotton q-tips.
  • Dryer sheets: Dryer sheets aren't just for the dryer and making your clothes soft and smelling fresh. They can be used on your dog. You know when dogs come inside from being out in the rain and they have that wet dog smell? Take a dryer sheet and rub it on your dog, it'll take the wet dog smell away. When my dog Koko comes inside from the rain, she waits patiently by the door and waits to be rubbed down with a dryer sheet. She loves it and so do I because she doesn't smell like a wet dog. :) 
  • Rub Salt on your stains: Ever spill something on your shirt and get worried that its not going to come out? When you spray shout or spray n wash on it, before you toss it in the washer, put some salt on it and rub the salt into the stain. The salt crystals help rub the stain away so when you pull it out of the washer the stain is gone. Who knew salt wasn't just for seasoning?
  • Get rid of a frizzy ponytail: Do you ever pull your hair into a pony tail and notice that the ends of your hair is super frizzy? Fear no more. Take some body lotion and smooth it over your frizzy ends. Not only will your frizz be gone but your hair and hands will smell good.
  • Dry Nails faster: Ever paint your nails and then realize you have to go somewhere or pull clothes out of the dryer? You can use your blow dryer to dry your nails.No more waiting 2 hours for them to dry.  Just don't use the high setting you might burn your fingers.  


Have any neat tricks or tips your learned from your mom or your grandma? If so, what are they? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments